Welcome to the Xapian Wiki
This wiki provides information of a more fluid or dynamic nature than the documentation included in the distribution. Information here may well be folded into the documentation.
If you're unfamiliar with the concept of a wiki, you can find out more in wikipedia.
You're welcome to improve the information here and add more, though you'll need to create an account to make changes. We'd rather this wasn't necessary but wiki spamming is an increasing problem. Don't worry, we wouldn't dream of selling your email address or other information. Once you've created an account, and logged in, you'll be able to edit pages. The same login allows you to report bugs.
This is not the place for random discussion, nor for asking questions. Please use the mailing lists for that - you'll get an answer more quickly!
Understanding and using Xapian:
- Getting Started with Xapian - the best place to start
- Xapian Developer Guide - includes some information you'll need to get started as a Xapian contributor (still early days for this)
- Documentation from the latest stable release
- FAQ: Frequently asked questions
- MissingDocumentation: If something isn't documented, or the documentation is lacking, please add a note here.
- ReleaseNotes: Known problems and workarounds in the latest release
- SupportedPlatforms: A list of platforms Xapian has been reported to work on
- SecurityFixes: a (very short) list of fixes for security issues
- Mailing lists
- HelpWanted: Items which we would especially welcome help with
- MeetingsAndGatherings: Details of real-life meetings of people involved with Xapian
- GSoC: Google Summer of Code information
Examples and contributed code:
- SampleCode: Sample code using xapian, in various languages
- Many of the Articles also contain example code
- OmegaExample: A complete example tutorial on installing Xapian, Omega and generating an index
- ScriptindexExample: An example of how to use scriptindex and perl to create a database for use with Omega.
- PackagingXapian: Tips for those wanting to build binary packages of Xapian
Development and internals of Xapian:
- RoadMap: Plans for the future
- ProfilingXapian: How to generate profiling data to help us optimise slow cases.
- FlintBackend/Structure: Details of the Flint database backend (the default backend in 1.0.x releases)
- AutomatedBuilds: Keeping tabs on Xapian's automatic building and testing framework
- ActiveBranches: Details of the currently active git branches
- Licensing: Details about current license and possible license changes
Also specific to this wiki:
Your tickets (NB you must be logged in to see these):
- Open tickets assigned to you:
- Other open tickets reported by you:
- Other open tickets you are cc-ed on (uses a substring match, so may include false matches):