We use automated builds to test commits to the Xapian source repository, and each snapshot tarball generated.
We're now using BuildBot, but don't yet have equivalent platform coverage to what we used to have in tinderbox, mostly because we no longer have access to as many platforms (both SourceForge's compile farm and HP's TestDrive have shut down).
If you want to help improve coverage, you can run a buildbot slave - see our BuildBot wiki page for more information on how to set one up.
- The snapshot builder produces graphs of the size of the shared library produced for each revision it successfully completes a build of, and these are also plotted for releases too:
- One of the buildbot slaves produces test coverage reports for xapian-core
- Buildbot produces a couple of CSV files:
The buildbot master runs on atreus (James Aylett's colo server).
We have a number of slaves running on Debian jessie (on a VM hosted by GPLHost, provided free of charge).
We also have slaves running on:
- Ubuntu x86 Linux (currently offline)
- Mac OS X
- Gentoo Linux
- Debian Linux (hppa)
- Fedora Linux (ppc64)
If you're interested in running a slave, please get in touch.
These platforms we should be able to cover:
- Fedora Core - Fabrice Colin has offered to run builds on Fedora on i386, x86-64 and ppc
Olly has an account on the GCC compile farm (which covers many architectures, mostly running Linux currently) and the openSUSE buildservice (which covers several versions of SUSE and Fedora Core, Mandriva, Ubuntu, and Debian).