Release Overview for 1.0.11
This page contains a high level description of the more notable changes made for release 1.0.11. For full details of user-visible changes, see the NEWS files in each module:
- Now throws
UnimplementedErrorif there's a percentage cutoff and sorting is primarily by value - this has never been correctly supported and it's better to warn people than give incorrect results.
- Fix inconsistent percentage scores when sorting primarily by value, except
MatchDecideris also being used; document this remaining problem case. (#216)
Enquire::set_sort_by_value()(and similar methods): Rename the wrongly named "
ascending" parameter to "
reverse", and note that its value should always be explicitly given since defaulting to "
reverse=true" is confusing and the default will be deprecated in 1.1.0. (#311)
QueryParser::FLAG_DEFAULTto make it easier to add flags to those set by default.
- The child process used to implement
WritableDatabaselocking now changes directory to
/so that it doesn't block unmounting of any partitions and closes any open file descriptors which aren't relating to locking so that if those files are closed by our parent and deleted the disk space gets released right away.
- We now reuse the same zlib zstream structures rather than using a fresh one for each operation. This doesn't make a measurable difference in our own tests on Linux but reportedly is measurably faster on some systems. (#325)
- Add support for using the new name ("
reverse") for the second argument of
set_sort_by_value()and friends as a named parameter. The old name ("
ascending") is still supported, but will be deprecated in 1.1.0.
- Keep Python references to
ValueRangeProcessorobjects which get set on other objects to avoid segmentation faults if they go out of scope before the object they are set on does. (#341)
- Fixes for Ruby 1.9 compatibility (#323). The test harness currently
fails so "
make check" doesn't pass, but code using the bindings should work.
- Add support for indexing Microsoft Office 2007 formats and XPS files (#290).
- Fix the extraction of metadata from OpenDocument formats.