Table of Contents
- Community Bonding Week 1: May 6–May 12
- Community Bonding Week 2: May 13–May 19
- Community Bonding Week 3: May 20–May 26
- Community Bonding Week 4: May 27–June 2 (work begins May 30)
- Coding Week 1: June 3–June 9
- Coding Week 2: June 10–June 16
- Coding Week 3: June 17–June 23
- Coding Week 4: June 24–June 30 (evaluations: June 26–30)
- Coding Week 5: July 1–July 7
- Coding Week 6: July 8–July 14
- Coding Week 7: July 15–July 21
- Coding Week 8: July 22–July 28 (evaluations: July 24–28)
- Coding Week 9: July 29–August 4
- Coding Week 10: August 5–August 11
- Coding Week 11: August 12–August 18
- Coding Week 12: August 19–August 25 (evaluations; August 21–29)
- Final Evaluations: August 26–August 29
Community Bonding Week 1: May 6–May 12
- University final exams started from May 1.
Community Bonding Week 2: May 13–May 19
- University exams ended in the middle on this week.
- Continuing work on the existing PRs (#152, #147) I had been working on.
Community Bonding Week 3: May 20–May 26
- Continued working on #152 (#147 was merged.)
- Had a few quite busy days at college.
- Will be using the next and the last week of community bonding period to discuss the intricacies of implementing the log template.
Community Bonding Week 4: May 27–June 2 (work begins May 30)
- Understood how the existing templates work.
- Set up Omega CGI on my system to have a better grasp over how things actually look like when using different templates.
Coding Week 1: June 3–June 9
- Discussed the logging process on the mailing list to get some doubts out of the way.
Coding Week 2: June 10–June 16
- Completed the first step of logging the click data i.e. logging separate entries for each executed search from the query template.
- Added another log command in query template.
- Implemented a new
$qidto generate a unique ID for each entered
- Wrote feature tests for
- June 14: Working towards the second step i.e. logging the query IDs and click URL on each click event using a new template named clicklog.
Coding Week 3: June 17–June 23
- Opened a PR (#160) for
$qid(later changed to
- Completed working on logging functionality and opened a PR (#161) for the same.
- Enables generating a log file from clickstream data and the Query file formatted as per Xapian Letor documentation.
Coding Week 4: June 24–June 30 (evaluations: June 26–30)
- Currently, working towards getting #160 and #161 in good shape by addressing the review comments.
- Will start discussing the right approach for implementing the DBN model over mailing list by the end of this week after getting the standing PRs merged.
Coding Week 5: July 1–July 7
- Worked on improving the clickstream logging PR #161 addressing review comments.
Coding Week 6: July 8–July 14
- Addressed all the pending comments on #161.
- Moving onto the implementation of click model.
- Discussed the approach to be taken for the implementation on the mailing list and a suitable class design.
Coding Week 7: July 15–July 21
- Started working on the SimplifiedDBN class which implements the Simplified DBN click model.
Coding Week 8: July 22–July 28 (evaluations: July 24–28)
- Opened a PR #170 with the implementation of Simplified DBN Click model.
- Working on adding documentation and tests.
Coding Week 9: July 29–August 4
- Laptop malfunctioned (random reboots).
- Spent the week arranging a replacement system and setting up for development work.
Coding Week 10: August 5–August 11
Coding Week 11: August 12–August 18
- #161 was merged.
- Added tests for
SimplifiedDBNclass in #170.
- Started working on adding a utility command for enabling the use of
SimplifiedDBNclass to generate qrel file.
Coding Week 12: August 19–August 25 (evaluations; August 21–29)
- Added the utility command
generate-qrel-filefor generating qrel file.
- Working on making changes in #170 as per latest review comments.
- Will add the project work product page in the project wiki page and submit the final evaluation at the earliest.
Final Evaluations: August 26–August 29
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.