Release Overview for 1.2.7
This page contains a high level description of the most notable changes made for release 1.2.7. For full details of user-visible changes, see the NEWS files in each module:
See also the full list of bug reports marked as fixed in 1.2.7.
- Document objects now track whether any document positions have been modified so that replacing a modified document can completely skip considering updating positions if none have changed. Currently the flint, chert, and brass backends implement this optimisation. A common case this speeds up is adding and/or removing boolean filter terms to/from existing documents - for example this gives an 18% speedup for adding tags in notmuch.
- Assorted improvements to both the API documentation and elsewhere.
- Add missing wrappers for
TermIterator::positionlist_count(), and correct the return type of
- Fix iterator ++ and -- so that the reference to the object isn't released prematurely, which was causing an occasional crash if the garbage collection happened at just the wrong moment,
- Put the SWIG-generated Java bindings in package org.xapian.
- Add documentation and examples.
- Merge latest Lua changes from Xiaona Han.
- perl/t/symbol-test.t: Fix to work when built against an installed xapian-core. (ticket#558)
- Change PHP examples and test program to use 'include "xapian.php"' like user code should (rather than 'include "php5/xapian.php"' as they did previously).