Release Overview for 1.2.22
This page contains a high level description of the most notable changes in this release. For full details of user-visible changes, see the NEWS files in each module:
See also the full list of bug reports marked as fixed in this release.
TermGenerator. Has the same effect as setting the environment variable
XAPIAN_CJK_NGRAM. Fixes #180.
- Skip timed tests if
$AUTOMATED_TESTINGis set. Fixes #553, reported by Dagobert Michelsen.
- Fix to handle total document length exceeding 34,359,738,368. (Fixes #678, reported by matf).
- Stop apparent error from remote server when read-only client disconnects. A
read-only client just closes the connection when done, but the server
previously reported "Got exception
NetworkError: Received EOF", which sounds like there was a problem. Now we just say "Connection closed" here, and "Connection closed unexpectedly" if the client connects in the middle of an exchange. Possibly fixes #654, reported by German M. Bravo.
- Give a clearer error message when the client and server remote protocol versions aren't compatible.
- pkg-config: Fix library name in .pc file to say "xapian" not "xapian-core". Reported by Eric Lindblad to the xapian-devel list.
- xapian-replicate: Fix replication for files > 4GB on 32-bit platforms. Previously replication would fail to copy a file whose size didn't fit in size_t. Fixes #685, reported by Josh Elsasser.
- Portability fixes for FreeBSD, Cygwin, mingw, Interix, Sun C++, xlC, newer GCC and clang, GCC < 3.4.2.
- Assorted documentation improvements.
- Fix error reporting in configure if PCRE isn't installed. Fixes #693, reported by lhz7370.
- Fix memory leak and crash when using PHP subclasses of Xapian functors.
- Subclasses of
XapianPostingSourcewith implicit constructors now work.
clear_matchspiesmethods, keeping track of references to Perl
MatchSpyobjects to avoid leaks.
- Fix infinite loop trying to build with CPANPLUS (fixes #692, reported by Andreas Vögele).