Release Overview for 1.2.2
This page contains a high level description of the most notable changes made for release 1.2.2. For full details of user-visible changes, see the NEWS files in each module:
See also the full list of bug reports marked as fixed in 1.2.2.
1.2.1 was never formally announced (two portability issues were discovered shortly after it was uploaded but before we'd announced it) so see also wiki:ReleaseOverview/1.2.1 for more changes since 1.2.0.
Brass and Chert backends
- Sync changes from each Btree table to disk right after syncing changes to its base file, which allows more time for the table changes to be written and may also be more efficient with some Linux kernel versions.
- xapian-check: Don't try to check document lengths are consistent between the
postlist and termlist tables if it would use more than 1GB of memory, and
std::length_errorwhen trying to allocate space for this. This issue affected sup users, as sup allocates docids such that they are sparse and large docids can easily occur.
- Revert 1.2.1 change to visibility of
Xapian::Weight's copy constructor as it making it private broke compilation with GCC 4.1 (which seems to be a bug in this compiler version).
- Fix compilation failure of testsuite with recent GCC if valgrind isn't installed. (ticket#489)
- Apply getopt portability fixes from xapian-core 1.2.0 to Omega, fixing build failures on Mac OS X (and probably some other platforms with non-GNU getopt implementations). (ticket#469)