Release Overview for 1.2.13
This page contains a high level description of the most notable changes made for release 1.2.13. For full details of user-visible changes, see the NEWS files in each module:
See also the full list of bug reports marked as fixed in 1.2.13.
- TermGenerator: Add new method
TermGenerator::set_max_word_length()to allow this limit to be adjusted by the user.
- QueryParser: Implicitly close any unclosed brackets at the end of the query string. Patch from Sehaj Singh Kalra.
Disk based databases
- Close excess file handles before we get the fcntl lock, which avoids the lock being released again if one is open on the lock file. Notably this avoids a situation where multiple threads in the same process could succeed in locking a database concurrently.
- Add a --full-copy option to force a full copy to be sent. (ticket#436)
- Add --quiet option, and be a little more verbose by default.
- Allow files > 32G to be be copied by replication.
- quest: New --flags command line option to allow setting arbitrary QueryParser flags.
- Fix to decode %-encoded character at the end of the query string.
- configure: Overhaul checks for C# tools to use modern names in preference.
- Document that subclassing Xapian classes in PHP currently doesn't work with PHP 5.4.
- Wrap 2 and 3 parameter forms of StringValueRangeProcessor constructor so prefixes and suffixes can be specified. (ticket#607)
- Wrap the zero argument Query constructor.
- Add wrappers for