This is a list of users of Xapian to allow quickly jotting down new links we come across without having to get distracted by updating the main website properly, for users to add their own links, and for projects are only at an experimental stage, or similar.
Periodically we'll sweep through entries listed below, dig out a bit more information if required, and add them to the main website.
Feel free to add entries below for both your own uses, and those of others.
Before adding your site here, please ensure there's a public acknowledgement that it uses Xapian (a reciprocal "powered by Xapian" or similar). As well as just being polite, this provides a way for us to check for sites which no longer use Xapian, and to easily detect spam links to sites with no relation to Xapian.
Sites without a public acknowledgement will be culled from the list.
- itools.database is a NoSQL database written in Python that uses Xapian for all indexing / requesting purpose
- ikaaro is a CMS written in Python that uses Xapian, itws is its website generator declination and perfect-sale its e-commerce version.
- PenguinTV "podcast and video blogs for Linux"
- http://haystacksearch.org/ - Modular search for Django, with a choice of backends, including Xapian
- DualWord-index - Xapian index viewer.
- nicegear - voip and open source hardware supplier with Xapian-powered search
- Clevertim CRM - Simple CRM for small businesses. Uses Xapian to let users search their notes & files in the system.
- https://www.eprints.org/uk/index.php/eprints-software/ - repositories of open access research literature, scientific data, theses, reports and multimedia, which can use Xapian for search
- https://omega.ekvastra.in/cgi-bin/index.cgi archives of copyright free magazines and books from India that are indexed and searchable with xapian.