April 24 - May 21
- Getting very familiar with all the aspects of the node.js extensions.
- Getting very familiar with the Xapian API.
- Trying to find out which methods should be synchronous and which asynchronous.
- Deciding which methods to reinterpret for node.js
- Identifying useful existing test cases.
- Researching query processing techniques (from gmane & restpose).
- Seeking other Xapian apps for guidance on common Xapian use patterns.
May 22 - June 3
- Creating a draft for the new node.js API
June 4 - June 10
- Porting the existing code to node 0.6+.
June 11 - July 9, July 14 - August 13
- Implementing, documenting and testing (a cycle for each of the existing classes).
- I will add the tests in a testing framework.
- I will document the implemented methods (some may be very different from c++).
August 14 - August 20
- Final details, extra documentation and testing if necessary.
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.