Release Overview for 1.0.8
This page contains a high level description of the more notable changes made for release 1.0.8. For full details of user-visible changes, see the NEWS files in each module:
- Fix WritableDatabase::add_document() and replace_document() not to be O(n*n) in the number of values in the new document.
- Fix handling of a table created lazily after the database has had commits, and which is then cursored while still in sequential mode.
- Fix failure to remove all the Btree entries in some cases when all the postings for a term are removed (bug#287).
- xapian-inspect: Show the help message on start-up. Correct the documented
alias for next from
''. Avoid reading outside of input string when it is empty (bug#286).
- Backport fix from flint for
replace_document()not to be O(n*n) in the number of values in the new document.
- Fix mangling of exceptions thrown from Python subclasses of Xapian classes (bug#289).
- Fix memory leaks in the
- If the character encoding is specified using
<meta http-equiv=...>in an HTML document then reparse the document if it isn't the encoding we're already using so that any preceding
<title>is converted correctly (bug#292).
- Convert text from meta tag parameters to UTF-8 (bug#293).
<meta charset="...">(new in HTML 5).
- Fix bug in HTML tag parameter parsing which was probably just a small performance penalty in real world cases, but could perhaps result in parsing bogus extra parameters in carefully contrived situations.
- Add missing <signal.h> which caused compilation to fail on at least FreeBSD.